Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring is in the Air!


So Let's Eat Some Lemon Fudge!!

It's officially Spring! Ahh that means good-bye to cold weather! Me? I'm a little bummed, I love the cold weather. But this is that brief time in Phoenix where you can go outside in shorts and a tank top and not feel like you're melting into the sidewalk. Don't worry, that'll come in about a month or so. I am not looking forward to that. But it's Spring and Easter is on it's way and I think this lemon fudge will be a big hit as a different spin on an Easter snack. Me? Now I don't really do Easter, I mean not since it involved hunting for eggs and going to my Baba and Papa's house for Perogies. Oh man, those are delicious. I need to make them from scratch...hmmm I'll make that into a project for the future.

I spent the last week in Ohio visiting my sister. Well, it's a lot colder out there but that wasn't a problem. It was awesome to see her and her husband. We really spent most of the time eating and drinking...and shopping. But that's OK, it's what sister's should do. Oh! And I got to meet her ADORABLE little basset hound puppy, Bella. Yeah, she's crazy hyper, but adorable none the less. So I got back from Ohio late last night and decided today I must write a blog entry. Got a busy week coming up ahead of me, dance practice tomorrow, dance show on Saturday, back to work on Monday after my Spring Break, interview for a new job on Tuesday...busy few days for Kendra indeed. I'm excited as all hell for it though!

Now this fudge...I love lemon. I used to eat them as a kid. Just love that sour taste. I also love fudge...so this is just perfect. It's like a white chocolate lemon fudge. Can't get any better than that!! Best part is, it's super easy to make! To make this work all you need is a medium saucepan, a 9x9 square pan, and some tin foil! Couldn't get any easier!! Now as far as ingredients...

1-1/2 teaspoons plus 6 tablespoons of butter, divided
2 packages (10-12 oz each) white chocolate chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup marshmallow fluff
1-1/2 teaspoon lemon extract





First things first...Take the 9 in square pan and line it with tin foil. Grab that 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter and grease the tin foil. Now you can set that aside until later.








Next up! Take that 6 tablespoons of butter and melt it in a medium sized saucepan. Make sure you melt the butter over a LOW HEAT. No scorching the butter!







Then add in the chocolate chips and the milk. Stir for about 10-12 minutes, until the chocolate is all the way melted and the milk is well absorbed.

Like I said, this one is pretty simple it's really just adding the ingredients in the right order...





Next up! Stir in the marshmallow fluff...this stuff is incredibly sticky so it could take a bit of work but do your best to get all of the 2/3 cup of fluff into the fudge.


Add in the lemon extract now too and stir it until the fudge is nice and smooth like so:



Oooooooo very nice right? It could take about 3-4 minutes to get the fudge looking this smooth after you add in the marshmallow fluff and the lemon extract. Remember you're doing this all on a LOW HEAT no burnt fudge for us! Once the fudge is smooth pour it into the greased 9-in square pan. Spread it evenly so you have fudge that's all the same thickness.

Now all you have to do it put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes so it can set. Then take it out and score it...


Yes, I know my squares are no where near even...I'm bummed about it too. But once you score it put it back in the fridge to set the rest of the way. It can take a couple of hours to fully set, but luckily there's only what...one dish and a spoon to wash? Easiest clean up ever!! When it's ready, simply lift the foil out of the pan and cut through the fudge the rest of the way. Store it in the fridge and BOOM! Great Easy Easter snack/dessert for you! Or...you know, just a springtime chocolately-lemony delight!




This was a bit of a short entry, don't worry I got something good planned in the next few days. 

So you're going to have to come back and check in on that!

Thanks for stopping by!
'Til Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment