Sunday, March 10, 2013

One of the Many Forms of Potatoes


Parmesan Potato Wedges!

My birthday was last Monday, it was a good one. Pretty mellow just took a half day at work then went to lunch with my friend. Then later on I took my husky over to my friend's house to play with her and her boyfriends' huskies. They're like a little family. We took them to the park and let them run around, which was fine until my dog, Aurora, decided to take off down the street as we were starting to head back to the house. Luckily my friend's boyfriend caught her. Yeah, my dog...the escape artist. I've got one more week of work then it's Spring Break and I'm going to Ohio to see my sister! Yay!! I'm super excited to see her, haven't seen her since the end of December. But that's not 'til Friday...Now I'm sitting here contemplating dinner yet again. So I might as well write my blog!

I love potatoes, in any form really. They're just so freaken tasty! Mashed, baked, shredded, sliced, wedged and covered in cheese and spices. You cannot go wrong with potatoes. These ones are awesome. These go great alongside my Barbecued Meatballs I posted last week! These are a great side dish and addition to any meal in my opinion, especially with beef or chicken. Mmmmmm steaks with these on the side? Deeeeeelicious!

Let's not waste any time! Here's what you'll need!

4 medium potatoes (I used russet potatoes, which are large but, hey they worked!)
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper



Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.




Grab a cutting board and get those potatoes! Rinse off the potatoes before you cut them, like you should do with any fresh produce.

Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise then each half should be cut into 4 wedges. You should get 8 wedges per potato.








Grab a large resealable plastic bag and add the potatoes and olive oil. Seal the bag and shake to coat. This will get the potatoes ready for the seasonings! Make sure the bag is sealed...I almost had a really messy situation. That might have been the wine...









So get your spices together in a small bowl. Now get another resealable bag and get ready to coat the potatoes in this yummy mix!






Put the potatoes in a few at a time with the seasonings and shake to coat. Repeat this until all the potatoes have been coated. I had to make more of the seasoning when I was doing this, I wanted my potato wedges to have a lot of taste to them and a lot of cheese.



Once the potatoes are coated place them in a single layer on a lightly greased or non-stick baking pan. 10 x 15 or larger depending on how big your potatoes are.

As you can see, I used 2 dishes to do my potatoes. Then once I had them on the pans I sprinkled them with a bit more Parmesan cheese and a touch more Cajun seasoning. Mmmmm delicious!

Pop them in the oven, uncovered, for about 35 minutes, until they are golden brown. Turn them once around the 20 minute mark.

While the potatoes are cooking you can be like me and run around like a chicken with it's head cut off as you try to get 3 other things going too. OK, OK it was only 1 other thing. But the meatballs were a lot to do at the same time! Excuses, excuses I know.




I love the Parmesan cheese because it melts, but it crisps up too!! the Parmesan is a great cheese to have on these and the Cajun seasoning goes really well with it.

The wedges also went really well with the BBQ sauce on the meatballs...


Well there you go! Hope you enjoy these wedges along with whatever you're making!
See you soon!
'Til Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment